I found this recipe on another site when I was looking to use up some leftover smoked gouda. It’s very flavorful, easy enough for weekenights yet perfect for a dinner party too.
Bacon Wrapped Smoked Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 -4 ounces smoked gouda cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine, cayenne, garlic powder, paprika and pepper.
- Flatten chicken breasts to approx 1/4″ thickness.
- Season both sides of chicken with the cayenne mixture.
- Place small piece (s) of cheese on chicken and roll up, pressing firmly.
- Wrap each stuffed breast with a bacon slice and then brown over medium heat until bacon just begins to crisp.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.
– See more at: http://www.luicucina.com/2013/08/bacon-wrapped-smoked-gouda-stuffed.html#sthash.9fZJCcvz.dpuf