Delicious! Yummy caramelized legs, kids love these! So quick and easy and no marinating required. Just prepare the sauce, pour over the chook and pop in the oven! I actually like this with wings better ;-) VERY IMPORTANT TO LEAVE IT IN THE OVEN UNTIL IT HAS CARAMALISED TO AVOID DISAPPOINMENT. Try adding Sambal Oelek as Uncle Bill has suggested in his review. What a great idea ;-)
Review ( by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin ):
This recipe is so easy to make and turns out absolutely fantastic. I used chicken legs with back attached and the only addition to your recipe was 1 teaspoon of Sambal Oelek. I baked the legs at 350 F for 52 minutes, then turned the heat up to 375 F for 8 minutes. They caramalized to perfection. We had a visitor just as the chicken was finished and even though he had his dinner, he wanted to try the chicken. Well, talk about devouring the chicken and for a moment I thought he was going to eat the bones. Smackin his lips, and wanted the recipe immediately. Thank you so much for a real yummy, yummy chicken recipe. "Uncle Bill"
Caramelized Baked Chicken Legs/Wings
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken legs
- 1 2/3 tablespoons olive oil (to help it stop sticking to the pan)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 2/3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
- Could also use wings or pork ribs.