Looks beautitful AND tasty! Just look at this pink and white beauty! Wouldn't this be great for Valentine's Day? Or Christmas? Or any day? I found this fantastic recipe on a pamphlet that came around the neck of Master of Mixes Strawberry Colada Mixer.
Strawberry Colada Coconut Cake
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 3/4 cup Master of Mixes® Strawberry Colada Mixer (or your favorite brand)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups powdered (confectioner's) sugar
- 1 8-oz. Cool Whip® whipped topping, thawed
- 1 7-oz. grated Bakers® angel flake coconut (**use 1/2 cup in frosting and the rest of bag for the tinted coconut garnish)
Tinted Cocont Garnish:
- 2 tsp. Master of Mixes® Strawberry Colada Mixer (or your favorite brand)
- Remainder of 7-oz. grated Bakers® angel flake coconut from above.
Preheat oven per cake mix instructions.
Prepare cake mix as directed on box, using 3/4 cup Strawberry Colada Mixer for part of water.
Bake in 2 greased-and-floured 9-inch layer pans. Carefully remove cake from pans and cool completely on racks.
Stir powdered sugar into sour cream. Fold in whipped topping and 1/2 cup of the coconut.
Fill and frost cake.
Garnish - cover top and sides with remaining tinted coconut **See below.
Tinted Coconut Garnish:
Pour remaining coconut into a jar and add 2 tsps. of strawberry colada mixer and shake well until coconut is evenly pink.
Garnish top and sides of cake.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or store in air-tight cake container. Refrigerate.
**NOTE: May be kept up to 3 days in refrigerator.