Broccoli is a worthy super veggie to consider adding to your diet. And with this super easy Two-ingredient Creamy Garlic Broccoli recipe you can be serving it up — filled with flavor — in a flash. Creamy garlic coats steamed, boiled or even roasted garlic — an accent of black pepper over top. Find out what my secret one-step ingredient is to make this healthy-delicious side dish!..Why broccoli? Broccoli is rich in vitamins A, C and K as well as minerals like iron, manganese, calcium and copper. It is low in calories and rich in fiber! Only about 30 calories per cup.
Two-Ingredient Creamy Garlic Broccoli
Makes 4 cups broccoli
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup creamy garlic hummus
- black pepper + lemon juice to taste
1. Steam, boil, roast or grill your broccoli florets.
2. Toss the warm florets in the hummus — coating it as you would pasta with pasta sauce.
3. Serve warm or place in the fridge to chill. This broccoli is delicious served both warm and chilled.
Add lemon juice and black pepper over top to serve.
Customize it! If you are not a garlic fan, you can use any variety of hummus, including lemon, chili, roasted eggplant, olive, parsley and more.
Nutritional yeast is a fun add-in for “cheezy”-style creamy broccoli.